Edith Jensen made some Christmas ornaments and some crosses for the children here and today one of the older boys asked it they could write a thank you note to her. Of course, some of the kids could only write their name but they all wanted to add something to the note. I can't wait to give it to her.
Today's pictures will be about food. The one picture is of a traditional Polish noon meal. We had a cold soup today that was fruit based. We thought it had rhubarb, plums and blueberries in it. I wasn't sure I would like it, but it was good. Then we got our plate of ground pork, coated with a flour/egg mixture and fried. It was delicious! We usually have boiled potatoes that are seasoned with dill. There is usually some slaw also, although yesterday instead of slaw we had peas and carrots. Usually the soup is hot and other than chicken noodle, I haven't tasted any of them before.
Today when we were eating our sweet snacks I mentioned kolaches. Our translator was amazed! She said she didn't know any other Americans who knew what kolaches were. I told her that almost everyone in our area knew them!


No comments:
Post a Comment