Monday, August 3, 2015

Met the children!

Today was the first time for children in our English Bible school. I believe we had 14 children with only 3 girls!  One of the girls was shy, but the rest not so much!  :-) It didn't take them long at all and they were acting quite at home.  I could tell they were starting to understand what we were wanting from them more by the end of the day. Some of the older children speak very good English.  One of the older boys had to leave early and he very politely came up to me to tell me that he had to leave early and thanked me.  

We took the children to a restaurant to eat our 1:00 meal. I was amazed that there was a table of 6 boys and they were so well behaved!  I have to mention that they ALL had beet soup and a pork stew with boiled potatoes and cole slaw.  They ALL ate and there were no complaints of not liking the food.  

It is getting really hot here in Opole.  Today's was the first day when the temperature reached 90 degrees.  By Friday and Saturday the temperatures are supposed to reach 99 and 100, so please pray for a breeze!  There are no air conditioners here and with our bedrooms on the 3rd and 4th floors, it will take a while to cool off.  The areas where we have Bible Class in the morning are pretty cool. When the children play outside, however, they get hot.  

I'm excited to teach about Jesus and the children tomorrow.  

1 down and 4 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment