Friday, August 7, 2015

Bible school is done

Today was the last day for our Bible school. I have gotten very fond of these children and the parents that have been helping. Today the local TV station sent out a crew to interview one of the children and one of the teachers. Gail was the lucky team member. (I'm so glad I had my turn yesterday).  Today it's 96-97 degrees and even at 12:00 when we were done with classes it was too hot for games. So we filled some water balloons and turned on the faucet and got everyone wet. They loved it!

This afternoon we had a choice of going to an air conditioned mall, a coal mine, or a local museum. Guess which one we picked?  Opole has a nice modern mall with some stores that we recognized. They also sell brands like we have in the states. Of course, there are some I've never heard of also. 

I think tomorrow we are going to a church celebration in another town. Things are wrapping up and we will be home before we know it. I told Pastor Awe today that my favorite part of the trip is that I can say I've got friends in Poland, now. 

The picture today is Gail being interviewed by the reporter in the church garden. I love it that I'm taking a picture of Pastor Pracki taking a picture of the reporter filming Gail. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment